World War II Historical Fiction Project
Students CHOOSE which novel to read and become EXPERTS in the process! Examples are pictured below...
Other titles include: The Book Thief, Annexed, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The Klipfish Code, Ashes, The Red Tails, Elephant Run, Number the Stars, I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944, and the YA adaptation of Unbroken.
How will you show what you've learned? By choosing one of the below...or coming up with your own idea to bring to Ms. Thomas and Ms. Stivers.
- Set up a time to come talk to Ms. Stivers in the library.
- Write an imaginary text conversation between two of the characters.
- Write a five-sentence review telling us why you liked or didn't like the book.
- Write a Top Ten List related to the book. [Top Ten Reasons I Liked This Book, Top Ten Scenes, Top Ten Bloodiest / Scariest / Unbelievable Moments, etc.]
- Draw a picture based on the book.
- Think of three questions you'd like to ask the author. We'll try to connect with the author via Twitter to ask those questions!
- What's your idea??